A Braai Pie that will have the whole family smiling. Now you can host a fantastic braai with a delicious pie, made easier with Nuveg Spinach Portions.
- 2 rolls puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 packet of mushrooms
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Nuveg Spinach Portions
- 250g Bacon bits
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan fry the mushrooms, onions and red pepper and set aside.
- Cut the Chicken breasts and bacon in smaller pieces and fry.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Place puff pastry on a grid and evenly spread 2 portions of Nuveg Spinach (defrosted) over the pastry.
- Place the mushroom mixture and on top of the spinach and add the grated cheddar cheese on top. Place the second layer of pastry over the filling.
- Pinch and fold over all of the edges to seal the braai pie.
- Brush with melted butter, close the grid carefully and place onto the braai. Turn it every 3 minutes for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the pie is browned and the pastry is cooked through.