fan of homemade pizza? Try baking this spinach pizza and make it easier with Nuveg creamed spinach!
Ingredients (pizza base)
- 10g instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 portions of Nuveg Spinach (1 box)
- mozzarella cheese
- oregano spice
- Mix yeast with sugar and add the lukewarm water.
- Use a whisk to dissolve sugar and yeast in water and let stand for 10 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface.
- Sift the flour and salt in a bowl, make a well in the center and add the oil/yeast mixture. Mix to a firm dough by hand.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, knead for 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, leave in warm place for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in bulk.
- Knock dough down and knead into a smooth ball.
- Make separate dough balls as big as a fist and flatten each dough ball into a circle of about 3 mm thick. Roll out from center to edge to fit a 25 cm pizza pan.
- Punch holes evenly over the area of the dough disc with a fork. Spread dough disc with Nuveg Spinach evenly.
- Blind bake pizza for 6 – 10 minutes at 180 degrees in pre-heated oven.
- Remove and place pre-baked pizza base on a plate to cool.
- Once toppings have been added bake for another 10 minutes at 180 degrees in pre-heated oven until golden brown.
- Please note – If you are planning on making more of the pizza bases, they can be freezed to use for a next time.