Create the perfect homemade Peppermint Chocolate mousse with this easy recipe. Don’t use Peppermint Crisp if you want to enjoy a rich chocolate taste. Your guests will absolutely love both of them.
- 250 ml boiling water
- 10 ml Gelatin
- 60 g Cocoa powder
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- Pinch of salt
- 125 ml ( ½ cup ) Castor sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 80 gram peppermint crisp chocolate bar
- Separate egg yolk and egg white
- Place boiling water into small pot and dissolve gelatine into water.
- Add cocoa powder to water mixture and whisk until dissolved.
- Break chocolate into individual pieces and add to water cocoa mixture and stir until melted.
- Add Egg yolks one at a time and whisk as it is added to mix well.
- Set aside.
- Place Egg whites into power mixer with whisk adaptor.
- Add Cream of Tartar and pinch of salt. Whisk until stiff.
- Continue mixing and add castor sugar one spoon at a time until sugar is dissolved.
- Set power mixer to low speed and add chocolate mixture by pouring a thin stream while slowly mixing. Once blended pour mixture into individual glass holders or one large container.
- Place in refrigerator to set. +- 4 hours
The Recipe can also be Frozen.