Invite some friends, start a fire and treat everyone with a butter soft steak served with peppercorn white sauce, baby potatoes, Nuveg Spinach & Broccoli and Butternut and cinnamon.
Peppercorn Sauce (Recipe)
- 1 Packet of Knorr Black Pepper sauce powder
- 250ml cream
- 50 ml milk
In a deep sauce pan pour in the cream and milk. Stir in the knor pepper sauce packet and cook until it’s thick and creamy. Tip for a cheesy peppercorn sauce: Add grated cheese and black peppercorns to taste.
Boiled Baby Potatoes with butter (Recipe)
- 250g Baby potatoes
- Olive oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Pour water in a large deep saucepan and bring to a boil. Add potatoes, garlic, salt and simmer until potatoes are fork tender (depending on size, 5-8 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes and cut into halves. Spread butter on each potato halves and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Always buy good quality steak. Steak cuts with a thin layer of fat is always the most tasty for me. Thickness is a personal preference but +- 20 mm is my preference.
- Steak can be marinated in many various ways, place steak in a marinate sauce for a few hours or you can use a rub applied a few hours before frying. Often simply salt and course pepper is the best way to taste the flavour of the meat. Apply salt and pepper after frying.
How to prepare the steak
- Medium rare steak takes 10 minutes, 5 minutes on a side. Definitely the most tasty.
- Medium 13 minutes, 6-7 minutes per side.
- Well done steak. As long as you like, remove before it burns.