A mouth watering cottage pie topped with Nuveg cauliflower mash. A healthier winter recipe for the family to enjoy.
- 4 Nuveg cauliflower portions
- 500g lean mince
- 1 onion chopped
- 1tbsp garlic
- 1 beef stock cube
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil for frying
- 3-4 tbsp tomato paste
- 250g mc Cain mixed vegetables ( 1 packet)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onion until soft.
- Mix the water and stock cube.
- Add the mince, garlic, stock cube mix to the onions.
- Boil mixed frozen vegetables for approximately 3 minutes and drain.
- Once minced has browned, add the tomato paste, salt and pepper and mixed vegetables.
- Mix well together
- Spread the mince mixture into a ovenproof dish or individual ramekins.
- Top with defrosted cauliflower mash.
- Grill for 5-10 minutes until golden.