These homemade quesadillas with chicken and cheesy spinach are a quick and easy dinner option and oh so tasty!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 c warm water
- Mix together the flour, oil and salt in a bowl
- Slowly add the warm water while stirring until dough sticks Add a little extra water if needed.
- Place the dough flat surface and knead for about two minutes.
- Return the dough to bowl and rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 equal balls.
- Roll each ball into a circle, cut with a side plate if you want it more round . The dough should be pretty thin)
- Heat a pan over medium low heat and grease lightly.
- Put one Tortilla in the pan and let cook until bubbles form- about 1 minute.
- Flip over and cook another minute, pressing down with a spatula if needed. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tortillas
- Table spoon olive oil
- Half red pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 200g bacon bits
- 1 and a half cup cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos chopped
- Smoked paprika
- Sliced olives
- 2 packets nuveg spinach portions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, red pepper and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Cut the chicken breasts in thin strips and season with salt and pepper and smoked paprika. Add chicken strips and bacon bits to the onion and red pepper and cook through. Place mixture on a plate and let it rest.
- Defrost Nuveg spinach portions in a bowl and spread over one side of the tortilla.
- Spread cheddar cheese, olives, bacon bits, chicken mix and jalapeno over the tortilla and place another tortilla on top.
- In a medium heated frying pan, gently place the quesadilla in the center (use a spatula if needed). Cook for 2-5 minutes until golden brown and carefully flip the quesadilla over, and then cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sour cream or sweet chili sauce.